It has to be my fifty against Rajasthan Royals in Jaipur in 2013. Our team was in trouble (19/5) when I came into bat. I scored 60 off 41 balls. And then, against Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunil Narine bowled a maiden to me and in the next over, I hit a left-arm spinner [Iqbal Abdulla] for two sixes to win that game and help us qualify for the playoffs. It was our debut season as Sunrisers Hyderabad into the playoffs.
I also remember when I first came out with the ‘pacifier’ celebration. My daughter Skai was born during that time. The fans in Hyderabad picked it up and everybody in the stands had pacifiers in their mouth every time I hit a six or bowled a good delivery. The whole experience was amazing. IPL really set the tone for the T20 leagues across the world.
To be honest, I have had great memories playing for SRH, RCB and Kings XI, who are now the owners of St. Lucia Zouks in the Caribbean Premier League. If an opportunity arises, I will play in India again as that is the place where I played my last international match [T20 World Cup final in Kolkata in 2016].
As told to Wriddhaayan Bhattacharyya
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs