In what is a do-or-die match for Mumbai Indians, against Delhi Daredevils, the kind of start Jasprit Bumrah gives his team with the new ball, will be vital. His figures of three for 15 basically won the match against Kings XI Punjab on Wednesday and kept Mumbai in contention for the playoffs. After being slightly off-colour in the matches leading up to that match, Bumrah seems to have regained his rhythm.
Bumrah will be up against a talented opening batsman who has caught eyeballs this season with his explosive stroke-making and audacity at the top of the order. Prithvi Shaw has been reckless at times, for instance against Chennai Super Kings (he pretty much tried to hit a four or a six off every ball and holed out at long-on for a run-a-ball 17), but for a player playing his first major tournament alongside and against accomplished international cricketers, he has been nothing short of sensational.
On Sunday, Shaw's approach against Bumrah will make for interesting viewing. Bumrah's versatility makes him a difficult bowler to go after. But Shaw's form has been very good so far in his debut IPL season and his aggressive approach has, but for the odd occasion, paid rich dividends as well.
While Bumrah vs Shaw might not have a decisive effect on the outcome, it will probably set the tone for the rest of the match. From Mumbai's perspective, the kind of start Bumrah gives will hold the key. And for Delhi, if Shaw can get it off to a good start, it might have a platform to go on and knock out Mumbai.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush Shah qualifies for R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold; India 5th with 22 medals
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Smith at crease; Australia scores 90 in PowerPlay
- Asian Games 2023: Anant Jeet Singh wins silver in men’s shotgun skeet event