Right-arm pacer Ishant Sharma has added yet another feather to his cap to become the most successful Indian pacer outside Asia in Test cricket.
On day three of the ongoing second and final Test against the West Indies, Ishant went past legendary skipper Kapil Dev’s tally of 155 wickets outside Asia. He achieved the feat when he dismissed Jahmar Hamilton for 5 as West Indies was bowled out for 117 in the first innings.
The 31-year-old has 157 wickets to his name with an average of 33.2 in 46 Test matches played outside Asia.
Legendary leg-spinner Anil Kumble, with 200 wickets in 50 matches, tops the list of Indians with most wickets outside Asia.
Ishant has scalped 165 wickets in 92 Tests he has played till now.
- PKL LIVE Updates, When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Bengal Warriors vs Tamil Thalaivas followed by Dabang Delhi KC vs Haryana Steelers
- India vs South Africa Live Score, 1st T20I: IND v SA updates; Preview; live streaming info, predicted XI; Toss at 7 pm IST
- U19 Asia Cup: Azan century helps Pakistan beat India by 8 wickets
- IND-W vs ENG -W Live Score, 3rd Women’s T20: England wins toss, elects to bat first vs India; Amanjot replaces Pooja
- Gujarat Giants’ priority was buying players who would fit the setup: Mithali Raj