England will be without one of its most explosive batsmen for the upcoming Twenty20 series against Pakistan after Jason Roy was ruled out of all three matches because of a left side strain.
The opener was hurt during practice at Old Trafford this week, and had a scan on Wednesday which revealed the injury.
Roy will remain with the England squad and look to recover in time for the white-ball series against Australia in Southampton starting 4 September with the first of three T20s.
England didn’t say if a replacement would be called up for Roy.
England’s first T20 against Pakistan is on Friday, followed by further games on Sunday and Tuesday.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director