A hundred by Manish Pandey helped Karnataka register a narrow one-wicket win over the World Cup-bound Netherlands team in a practice one-day match here on Wednesday.
This was Karnataka’s second win over the Dutch outfit in as many matches, as the home side had registered a massive 142-run victory in the first match on September 25.
Karnataka lost wickets at regular intervals but Pandey’s knock (105 off 76 balls) that contained 15 fours and four sixes helped the host to stay ahead of the curve in a chase of 298.
Pandey received ample support from young batter KL Shrijith who made 73 off 60 balls. Karnataka went past the target in 39.2 overs at the Alur grounds.
Earlier, Colin Ackerman (79 off 81 balls), Ryan Klein (46 off 26 balls) and captain Scott Edwards (42 off 27 balls) had powered Netherlands to a healthy 296 all out in 47.5 overs.
For Karnataka, Manoj Bhandage, Praveen Dubey, Pranav Bhatia and M. Venkatesh shared the spoils, taking two wickets apiece.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 22
- IND vs AUS, 1st T20I: India skipper Suryakumar hopes to ‘walk the talk’ against Australia
- Super League Kerala ties up with Andres Iniesta scouting with eye on the future
- Red-hot Djokovic hoping for ‘final push’ for Serbia in Davis Cup
- Arsene Wenger stresses on grassroots development for development of Indian football