Karnataka fast bowler Abhimanyu Mithun recorded the first ever hat-trick in a Vijay Hazare Trophy final when he got Tamil Nadu’s Murugan Ashwin to sky a catch to K. Gowtham at cover.
His five-for took him to the top of his team's wicket-taker list (20 wickets). Earlier in the day, Mithun had given Karnataka the perfect start by getting opener M. Vijay to edge an outswinger for a duck. The pacer’s fine performance set his side on the right path in the summit clash.
It has been a good start to the season for Mithun, who is now without his long-time pace partner Vinay Kumar. With Vinay having moved to Puducherry, Mithun has taken over as leader of the attack.
“When we go into a match, everyone knows their plans and strengths, so there's very little for me to say. If anyone needs any help, I go and talk to them. Prasidh wants to play at the next level. If you have that mindset, you know what you are doing. Koushik is also bowling in good areas. I don't want to say much to him either,” Mithun said.
On his hat-trick, Mithun said, "In the absence of (the injured) Prasidh, as a senior, I had to take responsibility and do well.”
- WATCH: Shabnim Ismail takes hat-trick off last three balls of Birmingham’s innings to pull off thrilling win for Welsh Fire
- Fred joins Fenerbahce from Manchester United - Reports
- Ronaldo streets ahead of Instagram influencers in annual ranking
- Neymar heading toward exit from Paris Saint-Germain: sources
- Asian Champions Trophy 2023: Malaysia faces wavering South Korea for a spot in the final; Pakistan plays China for pride