Karun Nair ought to be disappointed with his omission from the Indian team for the two Test series against the West Indies. He was part of the middle-order set up when the national selectors picked the team for the five Test series in England.
The team management chose Hanuma Vihar instead, for the fifth and final Test at The Oval. Vihari, along with Prithvi Shaw, were the replacements for Murali Vijay and Kuldeep Yadav.
After the two-day match ended in a draw here with both teams scoring heavily, the captain of the BCCI President’s XI, Nair, was asked about the frame of mind he was in after the selectors named the Indian team for the Test series against the West Indies. “A decision has been taken and I respect that,’’ said Nair.
- Euro 2024: Germany to Spain, Italy and Croatia in group of death
- Premier League: Arsenal beats Wolves to go four points clear at top
- Vaishali, India’s third female Grandmaster, is making all the right moves
- IPL 2024 Auction: Scouts reveal domestic middle-order batters, fast bowlers likely to be hot property on December 19
- EURO 2024 full schedule: Complete list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, live streaming info