India opener Murali Vijay finally found some runs in England as he made a sedate half-century for Essex in a County Championship Division One match against Nottinghamshire on Monday.
Replying to Nottinghamshire’s 177 all out, Essex were off to a solid start as Vijay and Nick Browne added 56 runs for the first wicket at Trent Bridge.
However, the visiting team lost a few wickets after that as Nottinghamshire closed in on their lower-order.
Vijay, who struggled to get going in the Test series against England, scored 56 off 95 balls. His knock included nine boundaries.
Earlier, Nottinghamshire failed to capitalise on the toss after electing to bat as they were bowled out in 58.1 overs. For Essex, medium pacer Jamie Porter was the most successful bowler, returning figures of 4/50.
In another county match recently, India’s left-arm spinner Axar Patel claimed nine wickets for Durham, including seven in an innings.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Tamil Nadu eliminates defending champion Saurashtra to enter semis
- Pramod, Yathiraj and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Los Cabos Open 2024: Thompson downs Ruud to win maiden ATP crown
- Ranji Trophy Highlights 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN beats Saurashtra by an innings; Andhra closes in on win vs MP