A local umpire, who was a popular figure in the cricket circles, died on Monday after collapsing on a cricket ground while supervising a club level tournament match.
Naseem Sheikh suffered a heart attack while standing in a match of a lawyers’ tournament at the TMC ground and was rushed to hospital.
“He fell down while supervising the match. He was rushed in a ambulance to a nearby hospital but expired on the way,” a match organiser said.
Sheikh, who was 56, was a butcher by profession but his love for the game had led him to become a qualified umpire.
- UEFA moves toward partially reintegrating Russian teams, match officials into European football
- Messi misses training ahead of US Open Cup final
- ODI World Cup 2023: Pakistan, New Zealand squads to arrive in Hyderabad on September 27 before warm-up match
- Asian Games 2023: With packed arena and high ticket prices, Esports a hit in Hangzhou
- England vs Ireland HIGHLIGHTS, 3rd ODI: Scorecard, commentary, streaming updates