Out-of-favour India opener Prithvi Shaw is headed to Northamptonshire for his maiden stint in the English county circuit.
Shaw will make his debut for the county side on Friday against Gloucestershire in Cheltenham in the One-Day Cup.
Shaw’s arrival was delayed because of visa formalities as he could not play two four-day County Championship fixtures.
“It’s a great opportunity for me and I’m really thankful to Northamptonshire for giving me this chance to express myself here,” Shaw was quoted as saying in a media release.
“It’s going to be amazing I think and I’m really looking forward to it.”
Shaw last played for India on the tour of Sri Lanka in July 2021, and was part of the squad for the T20Is at home against New Zealand earlier this year.
The Delhi Capitals batter had a woeful IPL (Indian Premier League) 2023 campaign and was dropped midway through the competition.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 307 all out; England leads by 46 runs
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians