India opener Rohit Sharma and captain Virat Kohli continue remain in the fifth and ninth positions, respectively, in the ICC Test rankings issued on Wednesday.
Marnus Labuschangne of Australia is the No. 1 batter in Tests, with 924 points, while England captain Joe Root (881) and Steve Smith (871) are in the second and third spots, respectively. New Zealand captain Kane Williamson (862) is fourth position. Mayank Agarwal has dropped a rung and is the next best-placed Indian, in the 13th spot.
Among Indian bowlers, off-spinner R. Ashwin has managed to hold on to his second spot with 861 rating points.
ALSO READ - Ajaz Patel wins ICC Player of the Month award
No other Indian features in the top-10 rankings of the Test bowlers list. The Test bowlers rankings is being headed by Australia skipper Pat Cummins, followed by Ashwin and New Zealand's Kyle Jamieson, who has moved up six places.
Ashwin also held on to his second spot in the Test all-rounders rankings. West Indies' Jason Holder is the No. 1 all-rounder.
After twin hundreds in the fourth Ashes Test at the SCG, Usman Khawaja has rocketed back into the Test batting ranking fray, re-entering at 26th place.
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- Japan women’s captain condemns AFC over venue switch for Paris Olympics Qualifier against North Korea
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Shardul Thakur runs the show to ensure Mumbai has last laugh against Assam