South Africa pacer Dale Steyn and New Zealand batsman Martin Guptill have joined the Euro T20 Slam as one of the marquee and icon players repectively.
The new T20 league is set to take place in Ireland, Scotland and Netherland from 30 August – 22 September, 2019.
Steyn who was ruled out of the ICC World Cup 2019 due to an injury, will be one of the marquee names along with his fellow countrymen JP Duminy and Imran Tahir, Australia’s Chris Lynn, Pakistan’s Babar Azam and New Zealand’s Luke Ronchi.
Guptill, who is the first Kiwi cricketer to have scored a first double century in the ODI format, will join his former skipper Brendon McCullum, Eoin Morgan of England, former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi, Australian’s Shane Watson and Rashid Khan from Afghanistan as the icon players.
- ITF Kalaburagi Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan to face Pichler in final
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its title
- EURO 2024 schedule: Full list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, dates
- Athletics Federation of India set to become India’s first paperless NSF
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold