Major League Cricket (MLC) franchise Texas Super Kings roped in veteran spinner Imran Tahir on Wednesday ahead of the inaugural season, which begins on July 14.
Tahir played for Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Chennai Super Kings from 2018 to 2021 and was part of two title winning squads (2018 and 2021). The South African has also played for Delhi Capitals (2014-2016) and Rising Pune Supergiant (2017).
Tahir is Texas Super Kings’ eighth international signing and joins the likes of Faf du Plessis, David Miller, Dwayne Bravo, Devon Conway, Daniel Sams, Mitchell Santner and Gerald Coetzee.
In 59 IPL matches, Tahir has picked 82 wickets at an economy rate of 7.76 runs an over. The leg-spinner also has 173 ODI and 63 T20I wickets to his name in an international career that spanned from 2011 to 2019.
Texas begins its campaign against Los Angeles Knight Riders on July 14 at the Grand Prairie Stadium.
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Toss updates, predicted lineups; Kohli, Williamson to play record 4th semi
- India vs New Zealand head-to-head record in ODIs ahead of World Cup semifinal: Overall stats, most runs, wickets
- IND vs NZ head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs New Zealand WC results and records ahead of semifinal
- IND vs NZ: New Zealand win/loss record in ODI World Cup semifinal, most runs, wickets, stats
- IND vs NZ, ICC World Cup 2023 semifinal: Wankhede Stadium pitch report, conditions, toss factor; stats, records in ODIs