In light of the Supreme Court ruling, the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association will hold its executive committee meeting on September 23 to select a date for holding its elections.
TNCA vice-president P.S. Raman told Sportstar on Friday, “Yes, we will respect the apex court and hold the elections. It could be before September 28 [the deadline set by the court] or we could request the court for a grace period of a few days to finish our preparations.”
On its part, Raman revealed, that the Supreme Court had waived the 21-day notification period ahead of the elections to hasten the process.
With many completing the maximum of nine years in the office or finishing six years and finding the cooling off period kicking in, the TNCA is set to get a new generation of office-bearers starting from the president, the secretary, the joint secretary, the treasurer and the vice-presidents.
A woman could be in the fray for the post of the president in what would be a path-breaking move for the TNCA. Entrepreneur H.R. Srinivas is also in the mix if he can rid himself of any conflict of interest by giving up his stake in a TNPL team. Former Test cricketers L. Sivaramakrishnan and M. Venkataramana could be in contention for the post of the secretary and the joint secretary.
There are several names in the running for the job of the treasurer including that of R. Rangarajan who has a solid background in managing finances.
Latest on Sportstar
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen leads Hamilton; Perez catching up with Russell
- Bangladesh calls up uncapped duo for Afghanistan Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Formula 1: Haas principal Steiner reprimanded over ‘laymen’ remark