Hyderabad Cricket Association Electoral Officer V.S. Sampath in a statement on Friday said that in the wake of the Supreme Court definition for disqualification for the purpose of contesting elections, the date of filing nominations has been extended till September 21.
In accordance with the latest orders of the Supreme Court which suggested that “disqualification shall be confined only to those who had held the post of Office Bearers of the Cricket Associations”, a further opportunity is given for intending Members of HCA, who have not filed nominations so far, to file their nominations taking note of the definition of disqualification given by Supreme Court in the order cited above, Sampath said.
“Accordingly, time for receipt of nominations is extended to September 21 from 11.00 am to 3. 00 p.m.,” he concluded.
Quick to seize on the opportunity, former secretaries Seshadri Venkateshwaran and K. John Manoj filed nominations on Friday with the former filing both for the posts of president and secretary while the latter filed for vice-presidentship.
Similarly from the ruling group, incumbent in-charge president K. Anil Kumar (who earlier filed nomination for the post of president) filed nomination for the post of secretary while G. Vivekanand for presidentship.
- Lionel Messi’s status is still a mystery as Inter Miami prepares for an MLS match at Chicago
- Pakistan vs Australia HIGHLIGHTS, World Cup 2023 warm-up: AUS beats PAK by 14 runs - Full scorecard updates
- Asian Games 2023, India in Wrestling full schedule: Dates, squad, men’s and women’s teams
- Wrestling at Asian Games 2023: Preview - Game faces on, blinkers in place
- Indian sports news wrap, October 3