The United States booked its place in the final qualifying tournament for this year’s ODI World Cup in India following its 25-run victory over Jersey on Tuesday.
At a playoff event in Namibia, the U.S. side, led by Indian-born Monank Patel, posted 231 all out and then bowled out Jersey for 206 to confirm top spot and a place in the final qualifier in Zimbabwe in June-July.
United Arab Emirates finished runner-up to the U.S. to claim the second spot in the qualifier.
The U.S. and UAE join former world champion West Indies and Sri Lanka among the 10 teams in Zimbabwe vying for the last two places at the October-November World Cup.
The U.S. has never qualified for the ODI World Cup but is assured of a place in next year’s T20 World Cup, which it will co-host with West Indies.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr secures knockout stage berth with draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second