Multan Sultans’ Usman Khan smashed the fastest century in Pakistan Super League (PSL) in an ongoing match against Quetta Gladiators at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Saturday.
Usman needed just 36 balls to reach the mark and go past teammate Rilee Rossouw’s record. Rossouw had scored a 41-ball hundred against Peshawar Zalmi at the same venue on Friday.
The 27-year-old batter finished with 120 off 43 with 12 fours and nine sixes to his name.
Multan Sultans ended with 262 for three in its 20 overs, registering the highest team total in PSL history. The record was previously held by Islamabad United, which had scored 247 for two against Peshawar Zalmi in 2021.
Sultans broke their own record for the highest total in the current edition of the PSL. On Friday, Sultans had scored 244 for six against Zalmi.
Fastest centuries in Pakistan Super League:
|Usman Khan||36||Multan Sultans||Quetta Gladiators||Rawalpindi||March 11, 2023|
|Rilee Rossouw||41||Multan Sultans||Peshawar Zalmi||Rawalpindi||March 10, 2023|
|Rilee Rossouw||43||Multan Sultans||Quetta Gladiators||Multan||February 29, 2020|
|Jason Roy||44||Quetta Gladiators||Peshawar Zalmi||Rawalpindi||March 8, 2023|
|Harry Brook||48||Lahore Qalandars||Islamabad United||Lahore||February 19, 2022|
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France