Tamil Nadu all-rounder Washington Sundar made the cut for selection for the three-match T20 series against Sri Lanka starting from December 20. Washington was previously overlooked for selection after he failed the yo-yo test at the NCA in Bangalore while ruled him out of selection for the T20 series against Australia in September.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to rest the senior hands for the shortest format of the game, and test the bench by picking the young guns.
With Virat Kohli rested, Rohit Sharma will lead the side. The team this will also see the inclusion of three first-timers—Washington, Basil Thampi and Deepa Hooda in the side.
Saurashtra pacer Jaydev Unadkat also makes a return into the national side.
Rohit Sharma (Capt), K.L. Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Siraj, Basil Thampi, Jaydev Unadkat.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer