- March 20, 2023 23:15HOW THINGS STAND:
Delhi Capitals now tops the group thanks to this thumping win over Mumbai Indians. If Mumbai loses its final league game vs RCB and Delhi wins its last game against UP Warriorz, Delhi goes through to the final.
If Mumbai Indians win and Delhi loses, Mumbai goies through directly to the final. An interesting last day of league fixtures beckons., See you all tomorrow.
- March 20, 2023 22:58Here’s how the points table stands at the end of this game
- March 20, 2023 21:52DC 110/1 in 9 overs
Saika Ishaque comes in. Capsey finishes the chase off in style with two sixes and a four. Lanning hits the winning runs, running two to seal the game in Delhi’s favour with 11 overs to spare.
- March 20, 2023 21:46DC 91/1 in 8 overs
Amelia Kerr comes into the attack and slows the tempo down. A quiet over with just 2 runs off it.
- March 20, 2023 21:46DC 89/1 in 7 overs
Hayley Matthews returns. Alice Capsey is now in the mood to entertain the crowd at DY Patil. She smacks Matthews for three huge sixes, going straight over the bowler’s head.. She follows it up with a four to end the over with 22 runs coming off it.
- March 20, 2023 21:42DC 67/1 in 6 overs
Wong is back into the attack. The Lanning-match up has not worked and Lanning signs off on it with a six Eight runs from the over.
- March 20, 2023 21:35DC 59/1 in 5 overs
Hayley Matthews comes into the attack and is welcomed by Shafali Verma with a massive six over deep midwicket. SIX. But Matthews will have the last laugh as she falls to a straightforward stumping. Mumbai has its first breakthrough. Nine runs and a wicket comes off this over. Shafali falls after a thoroughly entertaining innings.
WICKET Shafali Verma st †Bhatia b Matthews 33 (15b 6x4 1x6) SR: 220
- March 20, 2023 21:33DC 50/0 in 4 overs
Saika Ishaque comes into the attack. Her purple cap was usurped by Sophie Ecclestone but it doesn’t look like she’s going to get it back the way this pair is batting. Three boundaries come off this over with Lanning beginning proceedings and Shafali taking it from there. Lanning is sticking to her favourite point region, something Mumbai had identified in the first game but is unable to do anything about here, while Shafali is attacking the extra cover and mid off region
17 runs come off this over.
- March 20, 2023 21:30DC 33/0 in 3 overs
Sciver-Brunt returns. DC is in a hurry to wrap this up in 10 overs. Lanning sends NSB to the deep square leg boundary while Shafali smashes one through long-on for four. 11 runs come off this over. Delhi cruising.
- March 20, 2023 21:17DC 22/0 in 2 overs
Issy Wong to partner NSB. Shafali Verma decides to add to the carnage. She will outdo her captain, with three boundaries in the over. Shafali begins the over with a sweep to deep midwicket for FOUR. Wong deploys her yorker and slower ball to shake the Indian batter but follows it up with a length delivery which is smashed through mid-on for FOUR. Shafali is unstoppable at the moment as she backs up to send a yorker to the boundary for FOUR. 12 runs come off this over.
- March 20, 2023 21:17DC 10/0 in 1 over
Nat Sciver-Brunt will open the bowling. There’s a slip for Lanning. The DC skipper has had a lean couple of games and will want to make up in a relatively low pressure situation. She smacks NSB for two FOURS, one through deep third and the other between extra cover and mid-off! That orange cap is not safe on Sophie Devine’s head.
- March 20, 2023 21:07SCENARIOS: What happens with this result?
If Mumbai Indians win, they are through to the final
If Delhi Capitals wins, their chances of making the final directly stay alive
- March 20, 2023 20:58ROMI 105/7 in 20 overs
Jess Jonassen will bowl the last over of this innings. Jonassen to Wong, OUT! Wong goes for a big shot but mistimes it as she gives an easy catch to Meg Lanning at extra cover. Five runs in the last four balls before Amanjot gets run out on the last delivery trying to take an extra run but she misses it with a mile as Rodrigues’ quick hands end the innings with a wicket. Mumbai has been stopped on 109 for 8 after the 20 overs.
Wong c Lanning b Jonassen 23(24); Amanjot Kaur run out (Rodrigues/Jonassen) 19(16)
- March 20, 2023 20:51MI 103/6 in 19 overs
Issy Wong takes a single off the second ball which brings up 100 for Mumbai in the 19th over. Only four off the over as Mumbai reaches 103 with one over remaining.
- March 20, 2023 20:49MI 99/6 in 18 overs
Jess Jonassen comes back into the attack. Jonassen to Wong, SIX! Second maximum of the innings Five runs from the last five balls as Mumbai is one shy of 100-run mark.
- March 20, 2023 20:44MI 88/6 in 17 overs
Arundhati Reddy to bowl her third over. Gives three singles.
- March 20, 2023 20:424MI 85/6 in 16 overs
Radha Yadav continues. Amanjot Kaur hits Yadav for two back-to-back FOURS as Mumbai takes 11 off this over.
- March 20, 2023 20:37WMI 74/6 in 15 overs
Shikha Pandey to bowl her second over. Shikha to Wong, DROPPED! Capsey dropps a dolly as she mistimes and it will cost Wong’s wicket. Wong takes a single off the next ball as Kaur takes back the strike. Kaur slams Pandey for FOUR! after playing two dots. Pandey to Kaur, OUT! And with this Mumbai hopes to end on high. Five and a wicket from this over.
Kaur c Rodrigues b Shikha Pandey 23(26)
- March 20, 2023 20:30MI 69/5 in 14 overs
Another quiet over as pressure is mounting on Mumbai Indians here. Only five runs from the over.
- March 20, 2023 20:27MI 64/5 in 13 overs
Kapp comes back into the attack. Only three singles off the over.
- March 20, 2023 20:23MI 61/5 in 12 overs - Vastrakar falls
Jess Jonassen comes after a hiatus. Three singles in first three balls. Jonassen to Vastrakar, OUT! And here goes the fifth wicket. Vastrakar could not clear the boundary and guess who took the catch? Jemimah! Issy Wong takes a double off the first ball she faces to open her account. Six runs and a wicket off this over.
Vastrakar c Radha Yadav b Jonassen 26(19)
- March 20, 2023 20:194MI 55/4 in 11 overs
Shikha Pandey is back for her second over but Mumbai has found some momentum courtesy Kaur and Vastrakar. 9 runs come off it with Vastrakar hitting the experienced Indian pacer for two boundaries. FOUR
- March 20, 2023 20:124MI 46/4 in 10 overs
Poonam Yadav comes into the attack and Harmanpreet sweeps her for a boundary. FOUR! Pooja Vastrakar is not one to be left behind. She manages an inside out shot that goes above Lanning’s head to the boundary. FOUR. The only thing that can top this over is to finish it with a six and Vastrakar does just that. SIX.
18 runs from this over. Here’s the over Mumbai Indians needed.
- March 20, 2023 20:10MI 28/4 in 9 overs
Arundhati Reddy continues from the other end. Two wides, two singles and a couple of swing and a miss as Reddy gives four from her second over.
- March 20, 2023 20:04MI 24/4 in 8 overs
Radha Yadav comes into the strike and bowls a tight over to give only a couple of runs as it is time for a strategic time-out.
- March 20, 2023 19:57WMI 22/4 in 7 overs - Amelia Kerr falls
Arundhati Reddy comes into the attack. Two singles come from the first four balls. Reddy to Kerr, OUT! Fourth one is for Delhi. Pressure piling on Mumbai as Kerr departs on 16-ball 8 after giving an easy catch to the keeper Tania Bhatia with an outside edge. Another successful over ends with only three runs coming from it. Pooja Vastrakar walks out at number six in the eight over only, she takes a single to get off the mark.
Amelia Kerr c Bhatia b Arundhati Reddy 8(16)
- March 20, 2023 19:55MI 19/3 in 6 overs - Miserable start for Mumbai in PowerPlay
Another change in the bowling, Jess Jonassen comes into the attack as she replaces Shikha Pandey. Only two singles come from this over as Delhi leaked only 19 runs in the PowerPlay. A top start for Delhi here.
- March 20, 2023 19:534MI 17/3 in 5 overs
Kapp continues. Kapp to Kerr, FOUR! A much-needed release shot from Kerr to slam Kapp for a boundary off the first ball. Brilliant reply from Kapp as she ends the over with five dots.
- March 20, 2023 19:47WMI 13/3 in 4 overs - Hayley Matthews departs
Shikha Pandey comes into the attack and she replaces Alice Capsey. Two dot balls to start the over. Pandey to Matthew, OUT! NO! The third wicket for Delhi as Mumbai is falling like a pack of cards here. She drives the full-length ball in the hope to breach the mid-on fielder but Jemimah Rodrigues covers the ground at the right time and completes a magnificent catch to give her team a big wicket. Amelia Kerr comes out at number five. She gets off the mark immediately with a single. Two more singles in the last two balls as only three runs along with a wicket come from this over.
Matthews c Rodrigues b Shikha Pandey 5(10)
- March 20, 2023 19:39WMI 10/2 in 3 overs - Kapp removes Bhatia and Brunt in two balls
Kapp continues from the other end. Kapp to Bhatia, OUT! Kapp gives Delhi the early breakthrough as she removes Bhatia who tries to engage on a widish ball and gives her edge to the keeper and Tania Bhatia makes no mistake to catch this one. Nat Sciver-Brunt comes in at number three. Kapp to Brunt, OUT!OH MY GOD! What is going on here? Kapp bowls on a good length region and Sciver plays it late as the ball crashes into the stumps after taking an inside edge. Captain Harmanpreet Kaur walks out at number four for Mumbai. She defends with the courage to deny Kapp a hat trick. Kapp to Kaur, FOUR! She gets off the mark with a cheeky shot as the ball runs away at the third man for a much-needed boundary. A successful over comes to an end as two wickets and a boundary come from it.
Yastika c Bhatia b Kapp 1(6); Nat Sciver-Brunt b Kapp 0(1)
- March 20, 2023 19:384MI 6/0 in 2 overs
Alice Capsey to bowl from the other end. Capsey keeps things tight with three dot balls before Mathews opens her arms to cut the short-length ball over covers point for the first boundary of the over. Only four runs off this over.
- March 20, 2023 19:31MI 2/0 in 1 over
Marizanne Kapp starts the proceedings for Delhi. She starts with a full-length ball, on the middle line as Bhatia drives it towards mid-wicket. A dot ball to start. Kapp follows it with another fuller-length ball, this time on the fifth stumps, another dot. Bhatia takes a single off the fourth delivery to get off the mark. Kapp to Matthews, outswinger which takes an outside edge but no danger for the batters as she takes an easy single to open her account. A dot ball to end a top class over from Kapp.
- March 20, 2023 19:29Live action begins!
Yastika Bhatia and Hayley Matthews are out in the middle and face Marizanne Kapp who has the new ball in hand.
- March 20, 2023 19:21Harleen Deol exclusive interview
- March 20, 2023 19:19Mumbai Indians results so far
- Won by 143 runs vs GG
- Won by 9 wickets vs RCB
- Won by 8 wickets vs DC
- Won by 8 wickets vs UPW
- Won by 55 runs vs GG
- Lost by 5 wickets vs UPW
- March 20, 2023 19:17Delhi Capitals results so far
- Won by 60 runs vs RCB
- Won by 42 runs vs UPW
- Loss by 8 wickets vs MI
- Won by 10 wickets vs GG
- Won by 6 wickets vs RCB
- Loss by 11 runs vs GG
- March 20, 2023 19:08Mumbai Indians Playing XI
- Hayley Matthews, Yastika Bhatia(w), Nat Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Amelia Kerr, Issy Wong, Pooja Vastrakar, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque
- March 20, 2023 19:03Delhi Capitals Playing XI - Unchanged
- Meg Lanning(c), Shafali Verma, Alice Capsey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Marizanne Kapp, Taniya Bhatia(w), Jess Jonassen, Radha Yadav, Arundhati Reddy, Shikha Pandey, Poonam Yadav
- March 20, 2023 19:01Toss - Delhi Capitals to bat first
Meg Lanning of Delhi Capitals won the toss and elected to bowl first.
- March 20, 2023 19:00Pitch report
Ebony Rainford-Brent to the broadcasters: The earlier game wasn’t on this track, and that one turned quite a bit. This is also a track that will turn, but don’t could out the fast bowlers. Good to bat or bowl first on this track.
- March 20, 2023 18:51JUST IN!
UP Warriorz beat Gujarat Giants by three wickets; with that, they knocked Gujarat and Royal Challengers Bangalore out of the WPL 2023.
- March 20, 2023 18:44Predicted Playing XI
- GUJARAT GIANTS: Sophia Dunkley, Laura Wolvaardt, Harleen Deol, Ashleigh Gardner, Dayalan Hemalatha, Sabbhineni Meghana, Sushma Verma(w), Kim Garth, Sneh Rana(c), Tanuja Kanwar, Ashwani Kumari
- UP WARRIORZ: Alyssa Healy (c, wk), Kiran Navgire, Tahlia McGrath, Deepti Sharma, Grace Harris, Devika Vaidya, Simran Shaikh, Sophie Ecclestone, Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Parshavi Chopra
- March 20, 2023 18:37GG vs UPW Dream 11 Prediction
- Wicket-keeper: Alyssa Healy
- Batters: Laura Wolvaardt, H Deol, Kiran Navgire
- All-rounders: Ashleigh Gardner, Deepti Sharma, Grace Harris, Sneh Rana
- Bowlers: Parshavi Chopra, Anjali Sarvani, Tanuja Kanwar
- March 20, 2023 18:30SQUADS
- Delhi Capitals: Meg Lanning(c), Shafali Verma, Marizanne Kapp, Jemimah Rodrigues, Alice Capsey, Jess Jonassen, Taniya Bhatia(w), Arundhati Reddy, Shikha Pandey, Radha Yadav, Tara Norris, Laura Harris, Jasia Akhtar, Minnu Mani, Aparna Mondal, Poonam Yadav, Titas Sadhu, Sneha Deepthi
- Mumbai Indians: Hayley Matthews, Yastika Bhatia(w), Nat Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque, Priyanka Bala, Neelam Bisht, Sonam Yadav, Dhara Gujjar, Heather Graham, Chloe Tryon
- March 20, 2023 18:19MI vs DC Preview
Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals have both qualified for the playoffs of the inaugural edition of the Women’s Premier League. Now, for these two sides, the fight is to see who will finish on top of the standings and secure direct entry to the final on March 26.
The last time these two teams met, it was a runaway victory for Harmanpreet Kaur’s Mumbai - an eight-wicket win with five overs to spare at DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai. Then, a strong and largely untested batting unit stuttered when it came up against a bowling unit with as much depth and efficacy as Mumbai’s. After registering two 200+ scores at the time, Delhi Capitals folded for 105. Meg Lanning will undoubtedly have revenge on her mind but the more immediate need is to iron out tiny chinks in the armour that are getting big enough for oppositions to exploit.
Rediscovering batting rhythm
Delhi’s batting order remains potent but the consistency has dropped a fair bit, especially from the opening pair. Shafali Verma and Lanning shared memorable opening stands in the first half of the league - from the 162-run partnership against Royal Challengers Bangalore or the 107-run stand which gave them a 10-wicket win over Gujarat Giants. The century stands for the DC top order have since dried up as has Lanning’s hold on the orange cap, with Sophie Devine becoming the new holder of the top runscorer reward. Marizanne Kapp and Alice Capsey, who usually come in No.3 and 4 (not strictly in that order) have had performances of note but not consistently enough for Lanning and Shafali to breathe easy when they fall early.
Delhi swapped out Tara Norris, their associate option who allowed them to field five foreign players, for Poonam Yadav to bolster spin against Gujarat Giants. This gamble didn’t pay off. Arundhati Reddy continues to be an underused bowling option and even though she struck with the bat quite commendably to keep Delhi in the game, her sparse use means Lanning is effectively picking a team with ten and a half players. Either a serious bowling option like Titas Sadhu or even bringing back Norris and swapping in someone like a Jasia Akhtar might be an option worth trying.
Foot back on the pedal
Mumbai recently suffered its first loss of the season, at the hands of the UP Warriorz. This may have been a blip given how Mi has shown remarkable cohesion, in spirit and performance. With just two games left, including this one and having already qualified, these two games might give MI the option to consider fielding the likes of Chloe Tryon.
However, Mumbai can and probably will adopt a ‘why fix something that’s not broken’ approach to this and field an unchanged squad unless a last-minute emergency (like Pooja Vastrakar’s injury a few games ago) demands it.
Outcomes of the game
A win for Mumbai will seal the top spot in the league in their name. A win for Delhi will help the side draw level with Mumbai on points and make that final encounter for both teams that much more important.
- March 20, 2023 18:07MI vs DC live streaming info
Where to watch the live streaming of MI vs DC today?
Live streaming of Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals will be available on Sports 18 Network/JioCinema.
What time will the MI vs DC match begin today?
The MI vs DC match will begin at 7:30 PM IST. The toss of the Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals match will take place at 7:00 PM IST.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema scores in his final game for Real Madrid
- Two-time major winner Morikawa exits Memorial with back spasms
- Monfils and Svitolina - a support system for each other on and off the court
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Benzema equalises through a penalty after Sancet goal; RMA 1-1 ATH
- Roland Garros 2023: Svitolina returns to French Open quarterfinals by downing Kasatkina