Zimbabwe beat the United States of America by a massive 304 runs in their ODI World Cup Qualifiers clash at the Harare Sports Club on Monday.
Zimbabwe, which already qualified for the Super Sixes of the tournament, registered its highest ODI total (408 for six) before skittling USA for 104. The win margin is the second-highest in all men’s ODIs behind India’s 317-run win over Sri Lanka at Thiruvananthapuram in January 2023.
Zimbabwe rode on captain Sean Williams’ swashbuckling 65-ball century which he eventually converted to a career-best 174 off just 101 balls. Williams struck 21 fours and five sixes during the knock and was supported by wicketkeeper Joylord Gumble’s 78 and Ryan Burl’s 16-ball 47.
Biggest men’s ODI wins - by runs
- 317 runs - India vs Sri Lanka, Thiruvananthapuram - 2023
- 304 runs - Zimbabwe vs USA, Harare - 2023
- 290 runs - New Zealand vs Ireland, Aberdeen - 2008
- 275 runs - Australia vs Afghanistan, Perth - 2015
- 272 runs - South Africa vs Zimbabwe, Benoni - 2010
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 177/2 (31); Root, Stokes share fifty-run partnership
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Marsh, Warner put on 100-run stand; AUS 131/1 (21)
- Dhiraj Bommadevara secures India’s first archery Paris Olympics 2024 quota, wins silver in Asian Continental Qualifier Tournament
- Al Wehda vs Al Nassr LIVE Streaming info, Saudi Pro League: When, where to watch Cristiano Ronaldo
- ENG vs PAK qualification scenarios: How can Pakistan reach World Cup semifinal; England Champions Trophy chances explained