Zinedine Zidane took responsibility for Real Madrid's "worst game of the season" after a 2-1 loss to Real Betis in LaLiga on Sunday.
Former Barcelona forward Cristian Tello struck in the 82nd minute as Madrid stayed two points behind its rival, despite having triumphed in last week's El Clasico.
Zidane accepted blame for the result, which came despite Karim Benzema's penalty cancelling out Sidnei's opener in the first half.
Read: Ramos reflects on Betis 'blow': We can't give up chances like this
"I blame myself for everything. I am responsible," the Madrid coach said.
"I will not explain what has happened but it has been our worst game of the season."
With 11 games remaining in LaLiga, Madrid – whose last league title came in 2017 – is two points adrift of Barca.
While backing his players, Zidane also said they would be made aware of their deficiencies.
"I will defend my players, if I have something to say I will tell them," he said.
"We have lost many balls, which never happens to us and that has been our problem."
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- Haddad Maia beats Sorribes Tormo in third-longest women’s match at French Open
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder emerges as Guardiola’s man for big moments