Indian Super League side Odisha FC demolished Maldives’ Maziya 6-1 to secure its first win of the AFC Cup 2023-24 on Tuesday.
Odisha FC opened the scoring through defender Mourtada Fall, who guided in a Ahmed Jahouh corner.
In the 12th minute, the visiting team managed to equalize the game, with the goal coming again through a corner.
The Kalinga Warriors retook the lead in the 15th minute. Jahouh’s powerful free-kick found Carlos Delgado in the perfect position to slot the ball into the net.
Odisha furthered its lead in the 19th minute, with Fall finding the net again, with Delgado providing the assist this time.
The Kalinga Warriors continued their dominance in the second half and their prowess from set-pieces was evident again in the 58th minute as Amey Ranawade curled the ball into the corner of the net.
Isak Ralte secured the fifth goal for Odisha FC with an expert finish.
Sahil Panwar rounded up the rout for Odisha in the injury time, with Jahouh turning creator once again.
Odisha FC’s next challenge will be in the Maldives, where it will face Maziya on November 7.
- Horner fate set to be decided before Bahrain GP
- Murray drops retirement hint after 500th hardcourt win in Dubai
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Mumbai leads by 415 vs Baroda; Karnataka steady in 371-run chase v Baroda
- New Zealand’s Wagner retires from international cricket
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win