The Indian U-19 national team has once again been clubbed in the same group as host Saudi Arabia for the AFC U-19 Championship Qualifiers 2020. Uzbekistan and Afghanistan are the other teams in Group F for the qualifiers scheduled to be held from November 2-10 this year.
In 2017, the Indian U-19 team was also drawn with Saudi Arabia as host. But despite a 3-0 win over Turkmenistan and a 0-0 draw against Yemen, a 5-0 loss to Saudi Arabia could not help India progress from the qualifiers, with only one team making it through to the Championship.
Head coach of the Indian U-19 team Floyd Pinto said, “It is a tough draw for us and we are apprehensive of the strengths our opponents possess. But at the same time the boys have shown that they can fight against some of the best teams (in the Hero I-League) and we are hopeful of our qualification chances”
“We would have to be on the top of our game if we are to qualify from this group”, he added.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup