All India Football Federation president Praful Patel revealed that he is looking at avenues to set up a FIFA office in New Delhi.
Speaking to Sportstar , Patel said, "I cannot dictate whether there can be a FIFA office in Delhi. But there is a regional system. There used to be a regional office for South Asia here, and now it’s a little more expanded. Given the size of India and the subcontinent, we should look for something more substantial. I will be pushing for it."
"My agenda is to further enhance India’s position in world affairs, some advantages flowing back because of my presence," said Patel, who was elected into the FIFA Council in April.
Read the full interview here: Praful Patel looks for happy marriage between ISL and I-League
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: Shreyas, Axar look to finish strongly; IND 134/5 in 18 overs vs AUS
- Caroline Seger, Sweden’s most-capped women’s footballer to retire after Spain clash in UEFA Women’s Nations league
- PKL LIVE Score, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi: Ajinkya Pawar keeps Thalaivas in game against Naveen’s Dabang; TT 6-6 DD - Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- Hero World Challenge: Scheffler tops leaderboard; Tiger Woods happy to ‘knock off some rust’
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 0-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: KICK OFF at Fatodra, Noah Sadaoui, Adrian Luna start in summit clash