Croatia defender Sime Vrsaljko accused Argentina of "crying like girls" during his side's comprehensive 3-0 World Cup win on Thursday.
Goals from Ante Rebic, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic saw Zlatko Dalic's men to a resounding win in the Group D clash. Argentina struggled to contain Croatia, particularly after Willy Caballero's awful error gifted Rebic a 53rd-minute opener.
Put to him that Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli had suggested his team dominated, Vrsaljko dismissed the claims and hit out at the South Americans.
"I don't know what game he watched," the full-back said, via Croatian media. "I saw Argentinians falling on the floor and crying like girls. We were firmer, better, had better chances. They will have to do well in the next game [against Nigeria] to progress to the second round, if they even progress."
Argentina was left with one point in the group and needing other results to go its way to reach the last 16.
Iceland also has one point and faces Nigeria in a crucial clash on Friday.
- ODI World Cup 2023: 300-plus totals could be the norm - Devon Conway
- India vs Nepal LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 cricket quarterfinal updates, NEP 128/5(15): Bishnoi removes Dipendra; streaming info
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, Hangzhou 2022 October 3 medals tally: India wins bronze in men’s canoe double 1000m, Jyothi confirms compound archery medal
- LeBron James dedicating 21st NBA season to son
- Pochettino’s patience pays off as young guns fire Chelsea to victory