Highly rated Arsenal youngster Emile Smith Rowe is in Germany for a medical ahead of a proposed loan move to RB Leipzig, the Bundesliga club's coach Ralf Rangnick has confirmed.
Smith Rowe, just 18, has enjoyed playing time for the Gunners this season, appearing six times across the EFL Cup and Europa League, netting three goals.
The attacking midfielder has looked particularly promising in his four European outings, scoring on trips to Vorskla and Qarabag.
However, he has not made an appearance for Unai Emery's men in the Premier League, and Leipzig is close to bringing him to Germany.
Speaking at a news conference on Thursday, Rangnick said: "Yes, I can confirm that the player is in Leipzig. At the moment he is in for the medical checks.
"Then we'll have to see if we have everything available to complete the transfer today."
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 307 all out; England leads by 46 runs
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians