Borussia Dortmund's team bus was rocked by three explosions ahead of its Champions League quarterfinal tie against Monaco with defender Marc Bartra reported to have been taken to hospital with a cut to his hand after being hit by flying glass debry.
The match has been postponed for Wednesday at 18:45 local time.
A tweet from the club’s official Twitter account, in German, an hour before kick-off at the Westfalenstadion read: “At our bus departure, an incident has occurred. One person was injured. More information to follow.”
“According to what is currently known, the windows of the bus were (entirely or partly) smashed and one person was injured,” Dortmund police said in a statement. The police said the incident happened in Hoechsten, located outside the city.
“It is not yet possible to say exactly what the explosion was or exactly where something exploded,” said the statement.
Police added: “Currently there is no evidence of a threat to the visitors at the stadium.”
Borussia Dortmund said in a statement: “Shortly after the departure of the Borussia Dortmund team bus from the hotel to the stadium there was an incident.
“The bus has been damaged in two places. One person has been injured and is in the hospital. At this point we will inform as soon as we know more.”
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Jani strikes twice to restrict TN; Karnataka motors on vs Vidarbha
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND 241/7, trails by 112 runs; Jurel, Kuldeep fight on
- Australia wins rain-hit third T20 against New Zealand by 27 runs
- Manchester United can still finish fourth, says Ten Hag
- Romero scores twice as bottom side Almeria holds Atletico to a draw