Bayern Munich’s Thomas Mueller and Joshua Kimmich have tested positive for COVID-19 and have gone into isolation, the German champion said on Saturday,
Both players were in the starting lineup in Friday’s 4-0 victory over Bayer Leverkusen, with Mueller also grabbing a goal.
The club said they had tested positive on Saturday, had no symptoms and were currently at home.
Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and Leon Goretzka only returned a few days ago after their own infection last week.
Bayern, which takes on Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League on Tuesday, has also stopped players from signing autographs after training following an increase in positive cases in Bavaria in recent weeks.
Latest on Sportstar
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt
- Ten Hag’s United “broken” after FA Cup final loss to Manchester City