Belgium’s new coach Domenico Tedesco continued to put his mark on the squad with four new players called up for this month’s European Championship qualifiers against Austria and Estonia. Goalkeeper Arnaud Bodart, defender Ameen Al-Dakhil and midfielders Olivier Deman and Mike Tresor, named Belgium’s Footballer of the Year on Monday, were in the 24-man squad named on Tuesday with Michy Batshuayi and Hans Vanaken returning.
Tedesco replaced Roberto Martinez after last year’s FIFA World Cup, where Belgium failed to reach the knockout stage and won his first two games in charge away to Sweden and Germany in March.
He has dropped Charles De Ketelaere and Romeo Lavia and must do without the injured Amadou Onana and Leandro Trossard.
Belgium hosts Austria on June 17 in Brussels and visits Estonia three days later. It won its Group F opener and sits second behind Austria, which has six points from two games.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Match restarts after rain delay; Kishan, Gill out in middle for India vs West Indies
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone