Spaniards Alvaro Rubio and Juan Gonzalez has signed for Bengaluru FC, the club announced here on Monday. With the acquisition of the two players, the I-League champion has completed its roster of four foreigners for the season.
Rubio (37) was last with Spanish club Real Valladolid, where he spent a decade (2006-2016). The midfielder played close to 300 games over this period, during which the club shuttled between Spain's first and second divisions.
The defender Gonzalez (29), meanwhile, has previously spent two seasons each with the B teams of Deportivo La Coruna and Real Madrid before moving to the German club Fortuna Dusseldorf, where he spent three seasons, including one in the Bundesliga. He last played for Amercian side Rayo OKC.
The two players landed in the city on Sunday along with Australian midfielder Cameron Watson, the club's other new signing. All three trained with the team on Monday. While Gonzalez has signed a contract that keeps him with BFC till the end of the season, Rubio’s term lasts till the end of the year.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND 226/7, trails by 127 runs; Jurel, Kuldeep at crease
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN looks to increase lead; Karnataka eyes big partnership vs VID
- Manchester United can still finish fourth, says Ten Hag
- Romero scores twice as bottom side Almeria holds Atletico to a draw
- Arsenal routs Newcastle to keep pace with leader Liverpool