Antoine Griezmann has rebuffed Barcelona's advances and announced he will remain at Atletico Madrid beyond the World Cup.
The 27-year-old France star ended months of speculation by confirming on Thursday his decision to remain with the club he joined from Real Sociedad in 2014.
Griezmann looked likely to be swayed by ongoing interest from Barca, with the La Liga champions' president Josep Maria Bartomeu in May revealing he had spoken with the player's agent.
Lionel Messi also voiced public support for the move, but the two-goal hero of Atleti's Europa League final win over Marseille insists he is going nowhere.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema signs for Saudi Arabia’s Al-Ittihad: club source
- Singapore Open 2023: Sindhu, Prannoy exit in first round; Srikanth, Arjun-Dhruv duo enter second round
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India secures 2-2 draw against Korea
- Bucks announce Griffin as head coach
- WTC Final 2023: Boland to play against India, confirms captain Cummins