Bayern Munich midfielder Leon Goretzka will miss the team’s U.S. tour after undergoing a left knee surgery, the Bundesliga club said on Monday.
“FC Bayern medical unit diagnosed an abnormality in the Germany international’s left knee, which was removed arthroscopically today,” the club said in a statement.
Goretzka missed several games last season as he struggled with a number of injuries.
Sky Germany said that 27-year-old is expected to be sidelined for six to eight weeks, which will rule him out from the start of the new Bundesliga season.
Bayern will play DC United and Manchester City on July 20 and 23, respectively, during its U.S. tour.
- Asia Cup 2023: Gill ton in vain as Bangladesh beats India by 6 runs
- ENG vs NZ: Scorecard, match streaming updates; New Zealand needs 312 to win
- SA vs AUS, 4th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker
- FIA issues written warning to Red Bull’s Marko for Perez comments