Franck Ribery's thigh injury is worse than first thought and the Bayern Munich star is set to miss the next eight weeks, according to German magazine Kicker.
The 32-year-old ex-France winger has endured a miserable 2015. He tore his thigh muscle in Bayern's Champions League game at Dinamo Zagreb last week, on just his second appearance after nearly nine months out with an ankle injury.
The Bundesliga breaks for four weeks on Sunday and Ribery is expected to be on the sidelines for the next two months, meaning he will miss the restart on January 22 when leaders Bayern are at Hamburg.
Kicker claims Ribery's injury has caused tension between Bayern coach Pep Guardiola, > who is set to announce his future before Christmas , and team doctor Volker Braun, who believes the French winger was brought back too early due to a long casualty list.
Bayern have a five-point lead in the table and face Hanover away on Saturday in their final game of 2015 with Arjen Robben, Douglas Costa, Medhi Benatia and David Alaba all out.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: India 70/1 (14 overs); Rohit, Pujara lead India chase
- NBA Finals: Heat’s Erik Spoelstra focused on getting momentum back to Miami
- WTC Final: Green catch to dismiss Gill triggers debate after third-umpire Kettleborough’s decision
- Neeraj Chopra pulls out of Paavo Nurmi Games, misses second event since sustaining muscle strain
- Netherlands vs India LIVE score, FIH Pro League updates: Streaming info; match starts at 9:10pm IST