Manchester United will be without its ace midfielder Casemiro for the next three games after he was shown a red card against Crystal Palace in a Premier League game on Saturday.
The Brazilian was send-off by referee Andre Marriner in the second half after he had his hands around Will Hughes neck, during a scuffle between both sides.
Marriner made his decision after VAR asked him to take a look at the pitchside monitor.
WHICH ALL GAMES WILL CASEMIRO MISS?
The red card means the former Real Madrid midfielder will miss the next three Premier League games - Next week’s double header against Leeds United and its home fixture against Leicester City.
Erik Ten Hag’s side, which is already without the service of Christian Eriksen, who is out injured, has Marcel Sabitzer in its ranks to bring on as a potential replacement for Casemiro.
Sabitzer made his debut for United in the Crystal Palace game, as he came on after Casemiro’s dismissal and helped his side preserve its lead.
WILL CASEMIRO MISS THE LEAGUE CUP FINAL?
Fortunately for United, Casemiro will be back in action in time for his side’s League Cup final against Newcastle United in Wembley, which is likely to scheduled on February 26, as it is after the three game suspension period.
CAN CASEMIRO PLAY AGAINST BARCELONA IN EUROPA LEAGUE?
Yes. Manchester United can field Casemiro in its Europa League clash against Barcelona, as domestic suspensions don’t carry over to continental competitions.
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag duo up against Liang-Chang; When, where to watch?
- Satwik-Chirag, China Masters Final: Preview, head-to-head record, live streaming info
- AC Milan’s Francesco Camarda becomes youngest player in Serie A history at age 15
- Union Berlin’s Marie-Louise Eta makes history as first female assistant coach in Bundesliga
- Serie A 2023-24: Victor Osimhen returns as Napoli beats Atalanta 2-1 in coach Mazzarri’s debut