Celtic has signed promising midfielder Luca Connell from embattled Bolton Wanderers on a four-year deal.
The 18-year-old becomes Neil Lennon's second signing since the end of the season following the arrival of French defender Christopher Jullien from Toulouse.
Connell turned heads after breaking into Bolton's first team in January and won a call-up to Mick McCarthy's Republic of Ireland squad in May, only to be forced out through a thigh injury. The Liverpool-born left-footer leaves cash-strapped Bolton as administrators attempt to push through a takeover following the club's relegation to League One.
"It's unbelievable to sign for such a massive club, known all around the world," Connell told Celtic TV . "It's a dream come true, it's what you dream of when you're a little boy."
- Indian sports news wrap, September 21
- Kerala Blasters vs Bengaluru FC LIVE score, KBFC 1-0 BFC, ISL 2023-24: Veendorp own goal puts Blasters ahead
- Murray returns to China, wins 1st-round match at Zhuhai; Bublik loses in Chengdu
- BAN vs NZ: Rain washes out first Bangladesh vs New Zealand ODI
- Banned New Zealand Olympic runner arrested in Kenya over sexual assault and weapon allegations