Chelsea has signed Portugal forward Joao Felix from Atletico Madrid on a loan deal until the end of the season, both clubs said on Wednesday.
British media reported Chelsea will pay around 10 million euros ($10.75 million) for Felix. The 23-year-old has struggled for consistency this season and started seven of Atletico’s 16 league games.
“He is a quality player, and he will make a difference in the final third of the pitch,” Chelsea manager Graham Potter said. “He is young but has really good experience. The signing gives everybody a lift.
“He is a good age, and he can play as a second striker between the lines and make a difference in the final third. We are looking forward to working with him.”
Felix joined Atletico Madrid in 2019 and scored 25 goals in 96 appearances for the La Liga side.
Chelsea, under Potter, is going through a torrid run of form and is now 10th in the league.
(With inputs from Reuters)
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Jharkhand’s Virat Singh relishes captaincy challenge, eyes second tryst with IPL
- Indian sports news wrap, November 24
- India A squad for Women’s T20I series against England A announced
- Dhoni had discussions with me on staying calm: Rinku Singh on his finisher’s role in 1st T20I against Australia
- Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius granted parole, to be released from prison on January 5