Lionel Scaloni hopes Argentina can take confidence from its win over Qatar into its Copa America quarterfinal against Venezuela.
Goals from Lautaro Martinez and Sergio Aguero helped Argentina beat Qatar to move into the last eight, where Venezuela awaits at the Maracana on Friday. Scaloni said that victory had given his side plenty of confidence as it eyes the semifinals.
REPORT | BRA 0-0 PAR (4-3 PEN)
"We think we're good because we came from a win that gave us a significant emotional boost," he told a news conference. "It's going to be a difficult game, but we are confident."
Argentina has dominated Venezuela at the Copa America, winning its five meetings and scoring 28 goals while conceding just three. But Scaloni said he expected his team to be challenged by a Venezuela side that was unbeaten in Group A.
"Football has evolved," he said. "Nowadays, every team has difficulty."
- Asia Cup 2023: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur to miss Super Four India match
- AFC Champions League: Mumbai City FC to face Al Hilal October 23, Neymar might play in India on November 6
- AFC Cup 2023-24: When are Mohun Bagan SG and Odisha FC playing in Asia?
- Saina Nehwal: Paris Olympic qualification tough but retirement is not on mind
- Asia Cup 2023: Who will play India if PAK vs SL match is washed out?