AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer signed a new three-year contract, the Serie A club confirmed on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old's existing deal was due to expire next year, but will now run through until June 2024.
Kjaer has made 66 appearances in all competitions for Milan. He received much acclaim for his role in resuscitating Christian Eriksen after his Denmark team mate suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during the Euros in June.
He was also named in the 30-man shortlist for the 2021 Ballon d'Or award by France Football magazine.
"Simon is an exemplary professional on and off the pitch," Milan said in a statement. "Kjaer and AC Milan will continue their journey together."
- Ronaldo tells ref to overturn penalty he won in AFC Champions League
- NBA 2023-24: Joel Embiid’s triple-double fuels Philadelphia 76ers to blowout over Los Angeles Lakers
- Champions League 2023-24: PSG game ‘defining moment’ in Newcastle’s season, says manager Howe
- Champions League 2023-24: Saudi-backed Newcastle faces Champions League reality check
- Sabalenka to play Brisbane in warm-up for Australian Open defence