Portuguese champion Porto has reached an agreement for the transfer of attacking midfielder Fabio Vieira to Premier League side Arsenal for 40 million euros ($42 million), the club announced on Friday.
Porto said Arsenal would pay an initial 35 million euros with a further five million dependent on the 22-year-old player achieving his targets at the English club.
The versatile Vieira, who has represented Portugal at the Under-21 level, scored seven goals and made 16 assists from 39 appearances in all competitions last season as Porto won the league and Cup double.
ALSO READ |
Vieira follows Brazilian forward Marquinhos and American goalkeeper Matt Turner in joining the club during the close season.
Arsenal finished fifth in the league last season and was beaten to the final automatic Champions League spot by north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
- Meg Lanning announces international retirement, to continue playing league cricket
- Champions League: Unfortunate Manchester United gives up two-goal lead in loss in Copenhagen after Rashford suspension
- Copenhagen vs Manchester United Highlights, CPH 4-3 MUN, Champions League: Super-sub Roony scores winning goal against 10-men United
- World Cup 2023, ENG vs NED: Stokes comes to the party as England keeps Champions Trophy qualification hopes alive
- Copenhagen vs Manchester United LIVE Streaming Info: UEFA Champions League 2023-24: When and where to watch, Preview and more