Liverpool drew with Tottenham 1-1 and went to the top of the English Premier League on Saturday but handed Manchester City a chance to pull three points clear.
The end of a 12-match league winning run at Anfield dampened Liverpool’s bid for a quadruple of trophies.
AS IT HAPPENED |
City was at home to Newcastle on Sunday when the defending champion can regain first place and go three points ahead.
Son Heung-min's close-range finish from Ryan Sessegnon’s pass put Tottenham ahead in the 56th minute.
Tottenham’s resolute defense was repelling Liverpool attacks until a shot from Luis Díaz outside the penalty area deflected off Rodrigo Bentancur and beat goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
ALSO READ |
Despite Tottenham holding Liverpool for a second time this season, the point hurt its attempt to overhaul Arsenal in fourth place with three games to go.
Ahead of Thursday’s north London derby, Arsenal was a point ahead of Tottenham, and plays Leeds on Sunday.
Latest on Sportstar
- England’s Moeen considering Test return ahead of Ashes - reports
- Bucks announces Griffin as head coach
- Pulisic plans Chelsea return but says anything can happen
- Stuttgart wins playoff, prolongs Hamburg’s wait to rejoin Bundesliga
- French Open 2023: Last Argentine standing Etcheverry into quarterfinals