Liverpool drew with Tottenham 1-1 and went to the top of the English Premier League on Saturday but handed Manchester City a chance to pull three points clear.
The end of a 12-match league winning run at Anfield dampened Liverpool’s bid for a quadruple of trophies.
AS IT HAPPENED |
City was at home to Newcastle on Sunday when the defending champion can regain first place and go three points ahead.
Son Heung-min's close-range finish from Ryan Sessegnon’s pass put Tottenham ahead in the 56th minute.
Tottenham’s resolute defense was repelling Liverpool attacks until a shot from Luis Díaz outside the penalty area deflected off Rodrigo Bentancur and beat goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
ALSO READ |
Despite Tottenham holding Liverpool for a second time this season, the point hurt its attempt to overhaul Arsenal in fourth place with three games to go.
Ahead of Thursday’s north London derby, Arsenal was a point ahead of Tottenham, and plays Leeds on Sunday.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Kuldeep removes Marsh on 96; Labuschagne joins Smith at crease
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023 squads: Full players list of all 10 teams
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50