Manchester City has signed Spanish winger Ferran Torres from Valencia with the 20-year-old putting pen to paper on a five-year deal, the Premier League club announced on Tuesday.
Financial details were not disclosed but British media reported the transfer fee was €23 million ($27.10 million).
Torres scored six goals and had eight assists for Valencia in all competitions last season as it came ninth in La Liga.
“I am so happy to be joining City. Every player wants to be involved in attacking teams and Manchester City are one of the most attacking in world football,” Torres told the club website.
- Former German FA bosses go on trial over 2006 World Cup payment
- Coach Mohammed Siyadatullah Siddiqui quits Gopi Chand Academy, to join Oregon Badminton Academy in US
- Indian men and women Table Tennis teams qualify for Paris 2024 Olympics
- World Olympic boxing qualifiers: Jaismine loses to Japan’s Taguchi, three Indians exit
- Ashwin always trying to find ways to get you out: Joe Root