Paul Pogba will miss the Manchester derby on Thursday due to injury, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed.
The France international was taken off in the closing stages of United's 2-0 win over Burnley on Sunday, with Mourinho admitting he was unsure if the problem was simply muscle fatigue or a more serious concern.
Although he would not specify the nature of the injury, Mourinho has now said that Pogba will be unavailable for the trip to the Etihad Stadium this week.
Asked if Pogba or Ander Herrera would be fit, he told a news conference: "Paul, no. Herrera, yes."
He added that Antonio Valencia will return after having been rested for the win at Burnley, but centre-backs Chris Smalling and Phil Jones are still out.
"We go with what we have, we fight with what we have. I trust the boys. We are fighters and we go," he said.
United is already without Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo, who have knee ligament injuries, while Juan Mata is yet to recover from groin surgery.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Andhra inches closer to historic win against Madhya Pradesh
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Tamil Nadu eliminates defending champion Saurashtra to enter semis
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Pramod, Yathiraj and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Los Cabos Open 2024: Thompson downs Ruud to win maiden ATP crown