Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is "probably going to Everton".
Mourinho was speaking to Sky Sports after United secured a 2-0 win over Hull City in the first leg of their EFL Cup semifinal at Old Trafford.
Shortly before the tie kicked off, it was widely reported United and Everton had agreed a £22million fee for France international Schneiderlin, who is expected to undergo a medical on Thursday.
When asked about the situation, Mourinho said: "[I have] no details but before the match I was informed by Mr [United executive chairman Ed] Woodward that the situation is to close because Morgan is probably going to Everton."
"I'm sad, I'm happy. I'm sad because he could be an option for us. I'm happy because it's what he wants, he wants to play. He is someone I can only say good things about."
Former Southampton man Schneiderlin joined United under Louis van Gaal in July 2015 but has been unable to break into Mourinho's first team plans, playing just 11 minutes in the Premier League across three last-gasp substitute appearances.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer