Substitute Marcus Rashford scored twice as Manchester United fought back from a goal down to beat Omonia Nicosia 3-2 in Europa League Group E on Thursday.
Real Sociedad stayed top of the group standings thanks to a 2-0 win at Sheriff Tiraspol secured by goals from David Silva and Aritz Elustondo.
United, thrashed 6-3 by Manchester City on Sunday, dominated the opening stages but was stunned in the 35th minute when its Cypriot host scored through Karim Ansarifard following a counter-attack.
As the teams went into the break, boos and whistles rained down from the stands from the United supporters.
Rashford emerged after halftime and needed only eight minutes to equalise with a well-placed shot from just outside the box into the far corner.
The England forward then produced a clever backheel to set up fellow substitute Antony Martial who put United ahead.
Rashford struck again six minutes from time, tapping in Cristiano Ronaldo’s pass, but Nikolas Panayiotou pulled one back for Omonia a minute later to ensure a tense finale.
Manchester United moved on to six points in the group standings, three behind leaders Sociedad.
- Asia Cup 2023: Who will play India if PAK vs SL match is washed out?
- Shubman Gill attains career-best second position in latest ICC Rankings
- 13 Odisha athletes bound for Asian Games to get Rs 10 lakh each from state government
- Asia Cup 2023: Wellalage ‘very happy to get big wickets of Kohli, Rohit’
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team