Bayern Munich, on Tuesday, announced the signing of Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt on a five-year deal from Italian giants Juventus.
“I’m very happy to become a player for this great club. FC Bayern is the most successful club in Germany, one of the most successful clubs in Europe and in the world. It is a brilliantly run club with big aims. I’m very glad that I’m now becoming part of the FC Bayern story,” said Matthijs de Ligt after his transfer was confirmed.
De Ligt joined Ajax’s famed academy at the age of nine and made his professional debut for the Dutch record champions when he was just 17. He’s the youngest captain in Ajax’s history to date and the youngest debutant for the Dutch national team since 1945.
In 2019, after a total of 117 competitive appearances (13 goals), he celebrated the double of the league and cup with Ajax before joining Juventus in Serie A. He lifted one league title, one cup and one Italian Super Cup with the Italian side.
He moves to Bayern after 117 appearances and eight goals in all competitions for the Old lady. At international level, de Ligt has 38 senior caps for the Netherlands and two goals.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- Karim Benzema to leave Real Madrid, to play last match against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday
- Antima Pal wins bronze in 5,000m event at Asian U20 Athletics Championship
- Man United in limbo as uncertainty over sale of club affects Ten Hag’s planning
- Jakarta International ePrix: Maserati’s Gunther wins race from Pole