Indian Super League (ISL) franchise FC Pune City has signed one of the League’s most decorated goalkeepers, Edel Bete, for the 2016 edition of the tournament, to be played later this year.
Bete, a top-notch custodian, played with last season’s champions Chennaiyin FC and was a part of defending champions Atletico de Kolkata in the inaugural season of the ISL.
Set to represent his third club in third season, Bete said. “My experience playing in India has been memorable to say the least. I’ve won the title with two different teams and am looking forward to win it with my third team, i.e. FC Pune City. I am thankful to FC Pune City for providing me a new challenge and work with Habas (head coach Antonio Habas) again.”
Habas was also delighted to have his former ward join forces at FC Pune City.
“I’ve worked with Bete in the first season and let me tell you he is gifted with amazing reflexes and better anticipation. Rival strikers have never found it easy to score against him. For me, he is the finest keeper in ISL’s short history,” said the coach.
Bete was once been a member of French giants Paris Saint-Germain.
The 30-year-old, who was born and raised in Cameroon, has dual nationality, but represented Armenia at U-19, U-23 and senior level. He also represented multiple times Israeli champions Hapoel Tel Aviv from 2011-2013.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: Toss at 9AM, playing XI updates; Akash Deep gets debut cap
- Al-Hilal finishes off Sepahan to reach Asian Champions League quarterfinals
- Argentina to tour US after China cancels friendlies in Messi spat
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal: TN vs SAU, VID vs KAR, MP vs AND, MUM vs BAR; Toss updates, live streaming
- Ranji Trophy Highlights, Round 7 Day 4 updates: Karnataka settles for draw with Chandigarh; Kerala draws with Andhra