The Bureau of the FIFA Council announced on Friday evening that the suspension imposed on the All India Football Federation has been lifted, thereby ending 12 days of exile for the Indian federation.
The suspension was imposed on AIFF by FIFA on August 14 owing “to undue third-party influence.”
RELATED: WHY DID FIFA BAN AIFF?
“The decision was taken after FIFA received confirmation that the mandate of the committee of administrators that was set up to assume the powers of the AIFF Executive Committee had been terminated and that the AIFF administration had regained full control of the AIFF’s daily affairs.
The FIFA and the AFC will continue to monitor the situation and will support the AIFF in organising its elections in a timely manner,” said a FIFA statement.
“As a consequence, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup scheduled to take place on 11-30 October 2022 will be held in India as planned,” it added.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao