Colombia: Spina, Arias, Murillo, D Sánchez, Mojica, Lerma, C Sánchez, Ju Cuadrado, Quintero, Izquierdo, Falcao.
Japan: Kawashima, H Sakai, Yoshida, Shoji, Nagatomo, Hasebe, Shibasaki, Haraguchi, Kagawa, Inui, Osako.
Japan's World Cup opener on Tuesday offers the Asian side an opportunity for revenge against Colombia, as they look to finally banish the bad memories of the 2014 edition in Brazil.
Four years ago, Japan met Colombia in its final group outing knowing it still had a chance of reaching the knockout phase, but they were crushed 4-1 by the South Americans.
As it turned out, any victory that day in Cuiaba would have sent the Samurai Blue through at the expense of Greece.
- Top scorer for Colombia in the 2018 qualifiers and all-time at the World Cup, James has been directly involved in eight of his team's last 10 goals at the finals (six goals, two assists).
- Japan has won only two of its last 11 World Cup games (D3 L6), against Cameroon and Denmark in June 2010. It has also won just one of five opening games in the competition (D1 L3), against Cameroon in 2010.
- None of Colombia's 18 games at the World Cup have ended goalless. In fact, only the United States (33) and Austria (29) have played more games in the competition without ever registering a 0-0.
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: India breaks WR in Men’s 10m air rifle team event, clinches gold; Rowers win bronze medals; streaming info
- India wins first Asian Games 2023 gold medal with World Record score in men’s 10m air rifle team event
- Rowing at Asian Games 2023: India men’s four team wins bronze
- Inter Miami settles for draw with Orlando City without Messi, Alba, Busquets
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 25 LIVE - India clinches first gold