The FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar will have some of the biggest names in world football like Lionel Messi (Argentina), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Kylian Mbappe (France), Robert Lewandowski (Poland) and Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium).
FIFA World Cup Quiz VIII: How well do you know the WC before Qatar 2022?
However, several big names will not feature in the World Cup after their teams failed to qualify for the quadrennial tournament.
Here are some notable players who will be absent from the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt)
- Federico Chiesa (Italy)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Italy)
- Marco Verratti (Italy)
- Erling Haaland (Norway)
- Martin Odegaard (Norway)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden)
- Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)
- Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria)
- Ademola Lookman (Nigeria)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria)
- David Alaba (Austria)
- Luis Diaz (Colombia)
- James Rodriguez (Colombia)
- Alexis Sanchez ( Chile)
- Arturo Vidal ( Chile)
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Georgia)
Latest on Sportstar
- Harry Kane - Artificial intelligence can help reduce injuries
- Czech tournament does U-turn on Ukraine players after warning
- Premier Handball League: Rajasthan Patriots to lock horns against Maharashtra Ironmen in opening match
- History says the NBA Finals will end in 6 games, the most common of all outcomes
- Maanum signs new contract with Arsenal women