There are three teams which stand a chance to enter the Round of 16 of the FIFA World Cup from Group F after Canada was shown the door by Croatia on Sunday. The Luka Modric-led side thumped its opponent 4-1 at the Khalifa International Stadium in Al Rayyan.
FIFA World Cup Group E qualification scenarios
A draw for top-placed Croatia against Belgium will be sufficient to see it through to the knockouts. In case Croatia loses and Canada beats Morocco, the goal difference will decide the second qualifier (either Croatia or Morocco).
Morocco needs at least a draw against the already eliminated Canada. It goes through irrespective of the result of the other group game.
Belgium will qualify if it beats Croatia. However, if it’s a draw then Belgium will have to wait for the result of the other game. If Morocco beat or plays out a draw with Canada, Belgium will exit the tournament.
Here is how the Group F points table looks ahead of game day -
Remaining fixtures: Canada vs Morocco, Croatia vs Belgium
FIFA WORLD CUP RELATED STORIES
- Scan the World Cup in pictures
- Football fans, put your skills to the test with FIFA World Cup Quiz
- Soak in the rich history of the football World Cup
- WATCH: What’s happening in Qatar and who is saying what
- Here are some of the most frequently asked questions
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open: Sabalenka, Djokovic hoping to steer clear of controversy
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland